Abuja based lawyer, Hameed Ajibola Jimoh has written a letter to the Registrar General of the Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC, Abubakar Garba seeking an extension of the deadline for verification of status of accredited agents.
In his letter, Mr. Jimoh said his request became necessary due to the 64 days hiatus caused by the now suspended strike of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria.
The letter replicated below:
14th June, 2021.
The Registrar General,
Corporate Affairs Commission,
APPEAL FOR AN EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR VERIFICATION OF STATUS OF ACCREDITED AGENTS OF THE COMMISSION WHO ARE LAWYERS
- The subject matter refers, please.
- I humbly appeal for an extension of the deadline for verification of status of accredited agents (who are lawyers) which was mandated to end on the 10th day of June, 2021, to now be further extended to the 31st day of July, 2021, at least, or for any such longer time as the Commission might magnanimously consider in the interest of good customer relationship and to afford agents (especially lawyers) who wish to be verified to take necessary steps to verify their status.
- Respectfully Sir, recall that for over two (2) months past, the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (herein after referred to as JUSUN) had embarked on an indefinite strike action which affected many lawyers (who are also accredited agents of the Commission) from financial earnings as a result of courts across the federation of Nigeria having been locked down under lock and key by the Union. Also recall respectfully Sir, that the Commission had requested each of its accredited agents to verify his status with the payment of the total sum of
N10,000.00 but very unfortunately, the JUSUN’s strike action came in and affected lawyers’ (especially the young but ambitious lawyers’) financial strength notwithstanding the token sum of N10,000.00 required by the Commission to be paid for such verification, thereby being vulnerably affected.
- I therefore humbly (on behalf of vulnerable accredited agents of the Commission (who are young but ambitious young lawyers and other non-young lawyers)) appeal for an extension of deadline for the verification of status of accredited agents which was mandated to end on the 10th day of June, 2021, to now be further extended to the 31st day of July, 2021, at least, or for any such longer time as the Commission might magnanimously consider in the interest of good customers-relationship and to afford agents (especially lawyers) who wish to be verified to take necessary steps to verify their status.
- While I trust in the corporate best practices of the Commission and assured that my appeal would be favoured by the Commission, please accept my warm professional regard and I wish the Commission a happy democracy celebration!
Hameed Ajibola Jimoh Esq.
Sole Practitioner/Principal Counsel.