The President of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Olumide Akpata has named a 12-man group to monitor the forthcoming Edo State governorship election.
This was disclosed in a statement by NBA’s National Publicity Secretary, Dr. Rapulu Nduka.
The Edo State Gubernatorial election is scheduled to take place on Saturday, 19th of September 2020.
Members of the election observer group are:
- John Aikpokpo-Martins – NBA 1st Vice-President
- Kunle Edun – NBA Welfare Secretary
- Solomon Odiase – NBA Benin Branch
- A. A. Atemagbo – NBA Auchi Branch
- Okoduwa Maile – Chairman NBA Ekpoma Branch
- Chris Ekuze – Chairman NBA Uromi Branch
- Kolade Olorunmola – Chairman NBA Igarra Branch
- Ogaga Emoghware – NBA Benin Branch
- Prof. Izevbuwa – NBA Benin Branch
- Prof. Inegbedion – NBA Ekpoma Branch
- Aderemi Oguntoye – NBA Lagos Branch
- Osadorlor Okunkpolor – NBA Benin Branch.
The team will be lead by NBA 1st Vice President, John Aikpokpo-Martins.
The elections observers will strengthened the electoral process in Edo State by providing an independent view.
And the group will take notice if any violations that occur and comment on them accordingly.