The NBA Gwagwalada Branch Chairman, Isah Abubakar Aliyu invites you to the launching of bar journal in honour of the Emir of Lafia and Chairman Nasarawa State Council of Traditional Rulers, HRM Hon. Justice Sidi Bage (Rtd).
The launching is scheduled to take place as follows:
Date: 25th day of May 2022
Venue: NBA Auditorium, NBA National Secretariat, Plot 1101, Muhammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja.
Justice Bage was the first Magistrate in Gwagwalada.
Brief Biography of His Royal Highness Hon. Justice Sidi Bage Muhammad, JSC (RTD) FIARB, FHSN, FIm.
– Chairman, Nasarawa State Council of Chiefs
– Graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 1980
– Call to the Nigerian Bar in 1981 – Appointed a Magistrate in the Plateau State Judiciary, 1982
– Chief Registrar, High Court of Justice Federal Capital Territory, (FCT) 1991 – Appointed Judge of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) 1992
– Elevated as Justice of the Court of Appeal in 2007
– Elevated as Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 2017 – Selected as the 17th Emir of Lafian Bare-Bari on 26th March, 2019
– Appointed member of the National Judicial Council (NJC) by the Chief Justice of Nigeria in 2019
– Appointed Hon. Chancellor, Rivers State University of Science and Technology by the Executive Governor of Rivers State in 2019
– Appointed by the Nineteen (19) Governors of the Northern Region as the Chairman of the Committee on the role of the Traditional Rulers in the on-going amendment to the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria before the National Assembly
– Appointed Hon. Chancellor, Federal University of Otuoke by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2021
– Appointed Chairman Standing Committee on National Honours Award by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Among other several appointments
Both as Judge on the Court of Appeal and as Justice of the Supreme Court, he has produced a body of notable judicial opinions and nurtured a quality of collegiality that represents a significant contribution to the administration of justice in Nigeria.
Justice Bage’s legacy has endured far beyond the Supreme Court.
With vision and brilliance, he earned a place in the history books and on the honour roll of legal heroes.
The bar journal is dedicated to the exploration of the indepth legal analysis on contemporary issues.