The Nigerian Bar Association Ijebu Ode branch on Monday 29th day of June, 2020 elected new leaders where Mr. Abdul-Azeez Hakeem Olabisi, Esq. emerged the chairman.
The new chairman, Mr Abdul-Azeez was the former vice-chairman and Chairman Human Right Committee before his election as the chairman of the branch.
Mr. Abdul-Azeez is no doubt clothed with experience and adequate knowledge of Bar administration and politics. The entire distinguished members of Ijebu ode branch therefore expect the new leader to bring to bear his wealth of experience in his administration.
The following persons were also elected:
- Basorun Suraaj Oluwaseun, Esq.—- Vice Chairman
- M.O.J.Adeyemi Balogun, Esq.—-Legal Adviser
- Agwu Chimezie Martha, Esq.—Secretary
- Solaja Oluwagbemisola Funke, Esq. —–Treasurer
- Samuel Adeolu Ogunnaike, Esq.— Financial Secretary
- Balogun Moruff Olamide, Esq.—-Public Relations Officer/Publicity Secretary
- Akindeinde Azeez, Esq.—- Welfare Officer
- Sokefun Abraham Adekunle, Esq.— Social Secretary
- Aanu Yemi, Esq. — Provost.
NBA Ijebu ode is a renowned branch that had produced prominent and distinguished bar leaders including Chief O.B. Okuboyejo (Founding Member Egbe Amofin), Otunba (Dr.) O. Mamora, Balogun Adesegun Adebayo, among others.
The task before the newly elected leaders under the chairmanship of Mr. Abdul-Azeez is to sustain this high tempo and geometrically build on it. The new Chairman thanked the bar elders and urged the entire members to continue to support the bar as they have been doing. He equally urged the members of the branch to always allow the ethics of the profession to be their watchwords.
Moruff O. Balogun, Esq.
Publicity Secretary, NBA Ijebu Ode Branch.