The Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Kano Branch, is set to hold its law week on October 25 – 30, 2019.
Theme: Insecurity and Cyber Crimes as Part of the 21st Century Challenge: Implication on National Development In Nigeria’.
Friday, 25 October, 2019
- Special Jumat Service: Umar Bn Khattab Mosque, Dangi Zaria Road, Kano. Time: 2:00 pm
- Lunch: NBA Secretariat. Guda Abdullah Road, Farm Center, Kano. Time: 2:30 pm Host: Dr. Nasiru Aliyu, HOC, A.A. Umar and co, Kano.
Saturday, 26 October, 2019
Tagged: Walk against Insecurity and Cyber Crimes
Time: 10 00 am-12:00 pm
Takeoff from NBA Secretariat, Guda Abdullahi Road, Farm Center Kano, and terminates at the Government House Kano State.
Sunday, 27 October, 2019
- Church Service Venue: Believers Fellowship Baptist Church, No.6, Zungeru Road, Kano Time: 10: 00 am- 12: 00 pm. Host: Reverend Samuel Adeyemo, CAN President
- Lunch: NBA Secretariat, Guda Abdullah Road, Farm Centre Kano. Host: Sir Steven Adenhi SAN. Time: 1: 00 pm
- Novelty Football Match. Team NBA kano v. Team NMA kano. Venue: Sani Abacha Stadium. Time: 3: 30 pm.
Monday, 28 October, 019
Public Lecture Venue: Meena Event Center, Lodge Road. Nasarawa GRA, Kano. Speaker: Prof. Mohammed Isah, Chairman, Code of Conduct Bureau, Abuja. Topic: ‘Insecurity as a limitation to the rise of electronic mode of expressing will of the people: Challenges and reform’.
- Safiya Badamasi Umar, SAN, Solicitor-General, Ministry of Justice. Katsina State.
- Mr. Maliki Kuliya Umar, mni, Former Attorney-General, Kano State
- Mr. Tajudeen Funsho, Private Legal Practitioner
Chairman: Major General Abdullah S. Mukhtar, Former National Security Adviser
11: 00 am -Tea Break
12: 00 pm- Public Lecture. Venue: Meena Event Center, Lodge Road. Nasarawa GRA, Kano. Speaker: Prof. Wahab Egbewole SAN, Department of Jurisprudence and International Law, Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin. Topic: Security Challenges in Nigeria: Legal Perspective and Solutions
- Hon. Justice Nasiru Saminu, High Court of Justice, Kano
- Sir Steve Adehi, SAN, Private Legal Practitioner
- Nurein Jimoh, Esq. Private Legal Practitioner
Chairman: Nasiru Dangiri, SAN, Private Legal Practitioner
Tuesday 29th October, 2019
9: 00 am-Publc Lecture
Venue: Meena Event Centre, Lodge Road, Nasarawa GRA Kano. Speaker: Justice Mohammed Baba Idris, JCA, Abuja Judicial Division of the Court of Appeal. Topic: “Security and National Development: The role of the Judiciary
- Hon. Justice Dije Abdu Aboki, High Court of Justice, Kano
- O.E.B Offiong, SAN, Private Legal Practitioner
- Prof. Mamman L. Yusufari, SAN, Faculty of Law, Bayero University, Kano
- Dr. Babatunde Ajibade, SAN, FCIArb, Private Legal Practitioner
Chairman: Prof. Mohammed Tasiu, SAN Faculty of Law, Bayero, University, Kano
11: 00 am – Tea Break
12: 00 am- Public Lecture
Venue: Meena Event Centre, Lodge Road, Nasarawa GRA Kano Speaker: Ahmed Raji, SAN, FCIArb, Private Legal Practitioner Topic: Kdnapping, Terrorism and Cyber Crime: Offering Defense to Suspects, a Question of Law and Morality
- Hon. Justice Faruq Lawan, High Court of Justice, Kano State
- Johnson Ojogbane, Esq. [JP], Head Legal Unit, EFCC, Kano
- Ishaya B. Bulus, Head, Legal Unit, DSS, Kano
Chairman: Alhaji Aliyu Umar, SAN, Former Attorney-General, Kano State
1.Commissioning of Projects
Cloakroom located at Justice Saleh Minjibir Complex, Miller Road, Kano. Time: 9: 00 am
b. Cloakroom located at Justice A. B. Wali Complex, New Court Road. Kano. Kano Slate. Time: 9:00 am.
2. Visitation to Motherless Home and Prisons (Simultaneously).
- Children’s Home, Nassarawa, Kano.
- Goron Dutse Prison, Kano.
3. Grand Dinner and Award Presentation Venue: Meena Marque, Meena Event Centre, Lodge Road, Nassarawa GRA, Kano
For More Information: 08032870793, 07036741697