The Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Maiduguri has elected new officers to steer its affairs for next to years as prescribed by the NBA Constitution.
The branch election was held on Saturday, 27th June, 2020, and the following members emerged as the executive committee:
- Abba Mallam Umate, Chairman.
- Yahaya A. Dunoma, Vice Chairman,
- Mohammed Usman (Alibe), Secretary
- Mari Shuaibu, Welfare Secretary
- Audu Umaru, Financial Secretary,
- Zakariya Muhammad Umar, Publicity Secretary,
- Bukar Maina, Social Secretary
- Audu Shettima Kaigama, Provost
- Hadiza Grema Mustapha, Treasurer
- Abdullahi Usman, Legal Adviser
- Ibrahim Abubakar Ahmad Assist Secretary
- Muhammad Umaru, (Outgoing Chairman) as NEC Representative.
The newly- elected officers took the oath of office pledging to uphold the NBA Constitution viz, the universal rule of law, tenaciously.