The Yenagoa Bar Journal invites authors to send articles on all areas of law and practice, notes on landmark cases and reviews of statutes and books of relevance to legal practice for possible publication in the leading journal.
According to a circular signed by Prof. D. K Derri, its Editor-in-Chief, interested authors are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Manuscripts should be original and it is the responsibility of the authors to ensure that their papers do not offend copyright laws.
2. Manuscripts should be typed with the use of Microsoft word in Times New Romans with 1.5 line spacing in font size 12 in the body and single line spacing in font size 10 in the footnotes.
3. Articles should not exceed 7,000 words and case notes, statute and book reviews should not exceed 4,000 words.
4. An abstract of not more than 200 words should also be included with the manuscript.
5. The referencing style should be OSCOLA (4th edn, 2012) with automatic footnotes numerically numbered at the bottom of each page.
6. Bibliographic details should be asterisked and precede the footnotes. They should include the authors qualifications and current employment.
The Yenagoa Bar Journal is a peer review journal published bi-annually by the Nigerian Bar Association, Yenagoa Branch in conjunction with the Faculty of Law, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State.
The Editorial Board will communicate with only authors whose manuscripts have been recommended for publication by expert reviewers in the subject area.
Manuscripts or contributions to the journal must be sent as an attachment by email to email@example.com and one hard copy should be sent by post or courier addressed to:
The Editor, Yenagoa Bar Journal, C/O Nigerian Bar Association, High Court Complex, Melford Okilo Expressway, Onopa, Yenagoa, Nigeria.
Submission deadline: 28th February, 2019