Characteristics of a Good Secretary
The role of Secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Lagos Branch can be key to the efficient functioning of the Premier Bar, particularly in this fast paced digital era.
Members of NBA Lagos Branch can rightly depend on James Sonde, he’s a dependable ally.
Below are some of the qualities, skills and knowledge which James Sonde has demonstrated — to effectively serve the Premier Branch.
Quality, skills & knowledge
As a good Secretary, James Sonde will:
- be methodical, with a good eye for detail;
- be well organised, with an orderly mind;
- bring objectivity to the proceedings;
- deal promptly with correspondence;
- be able to take accurate notes of meetings;
- make sure members receive all the necessary material;
- bring the necessary material to the meeting;
- work well with the Chairman;
- ensure quorum is met for meetings; and
- have knowledge or experience of meeting procedures.
- ensure that the secretariat staff execute their daily administrative task effectively and efficiently for better interface with members of the branch.
- ensure mailing list are up-to-date for speedy transmission of information to our prestigious members.
- create email addresses dedicated to receiving suggestions and complaints.
- develop and maintain a calendar of upcoming events.
- work with the Chairman, other Executives and Committees to ensure proper planning and implementation of events and meetings.