The law firm of Ibrahim Abdullahi, SAN & Co., (Extra Page Law Chambers) and the Editor-in-Chief of the Book in Honour of an erudite jurist, call for submissions from the Bench, the Bar (both Private and Public) and academics, of original scholarly articles, case reviews, case notes, short notes, statute reviews and law reforms on contemporary legal issues in law, practice and procedure for consideration for publication in a Book to be titled: Excellence in Judicial Service: A Collection of Scholarly Essays on Burning Legal Issues in Nigeria in honour of Hon. Justice Muhammad Saidu Sifawa (Chief Judge, Sokoto State).
Guidelines for Submission
1. Papers must be well-researched, original and must not have been previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere.
2. Submissions should not exceed twenty five (25) pages A4 size and a minimum of 15 pages typed on Ms word, 1.5 spacing in Times New Roman body text size 12, with automatic footnotes size 10. Endnotes and in-text citations are not accepted.
3. Submissions must deal with contemporary issues in law, legal practice and legal education.
4. Submissions must be in United Kingdom (UK) English spelling except in quoted words and expressions; while all non-English words and expressions must be in italics.
5. The names, titles, degrees and other academic or judicial addresses and telephone numbers of the contributors should be provided on the cover page of the article.
6. It shall be the contributor’s responsibilities to ensure that all references and citations are correct, and that the contribution does not contain any material that infringes copyright, or is defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or litigious.
7. Citations should follow the Oxford University Standard for Citations of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA), or the Nigerian Association of Law Teachers (NALT) Uniform Citation Guides.
8. Abstract of not more than 250 words must be submitted along with the manuscript, and submissions should contain brief personal details of the contributor, particularly email and postal addresses.
9. Submissions shall be peer-reviewed, and they will be particularly judged based on originality, methodological soundness, accuracy and relevance. Authors are however strongly encouraged to do a thorough proof reading of their works before submission.
10. Contributors shall receive notification of receipt and acceptance of their submissions via an email or SMS.
11. All submissions are to be made electronically to: extrapage201404mail.com
12. Electronic copies of submissions should reach the Editor-in-Chief on or before Sunday, 10th April, 2022.
13. A token (capable of being waived, would be given for each accepted article/submission.