The Editorial Board of the JURIDICAL, a publication of the Magistrates Association of Nigeria (Ogun State Branch) is currently accepting well-researched, original and focused papers on contemporary legal issues on diverse aspects of the law from Judicial Officers, Magistrates, Law Officers, Legal Practitioners and Academics for publication in the 2022 edition of the Journal.
Manuscripts should include but not limited to articles, case reviews and book reviews that address issues on the Administration of the Criminal Justice and other related matters Law, 2017, Violence against Persons (Prohibition) Law, 2015 and Expansion of Criminal trial at the Magistrate Court.
Please note the following instructions in preparing your manuscripts:
- Manuscripts submitted for consideration and publication must not have been submitted or accepted for publication or published elsewhere.
- Authors should send a single file containing the complete manuscript, (that is, abstract. text, figures and tables). This applies to the original version of the manuscript and any revised versions.
- The title page, contains the information about the author, academic qualifications, institutional affiliation and email should be on a cover page. The author(s) names should appear in the centre immediately under the title of the article.
- Manuscripts must be clearly written in British English spellings for both text and footnotes except in quoted words or expressions while non-english words and expression be in italics. It should be well referenced in footnotes. The reference should be in NALT form. End notes are not acceptable.
- Manuscript should also be accompanied by an abstract, which summarizes the Manuscript in not more than 200 words. The abstract should also clearly state the manuscript’s main argument and relevance to contemporary legal issues.
- Manuscripts should not exceed 7,500 words. However, longer papers may be considered in certain cases, but in no case should a manuscript exceed 9,000 words. Articles should be typed on A4 paper size using Times New Roman with a character size of font 12 with 1.5 line space.
- Authors whose articles are found publishable will be duly contacted via their email or telephone numbers.
- All manuscripts should be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word document via email to email@example.com or in a Microsoft Word document saved on a USB drive and delivered to the Editor in Chief or Secretary of Magistrates’ Association of Nigeria
(Ogun State Branch) Editorial Committee on or before 15th day of November, 2022,
Furthermore: Authors are responsible for checking the accuracy of all references.
For inquiries, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor in Chief,
Magistrates’ Association of Nigeria (Ogun State Branch) Magistrate Court Complex,
Editor in Chief