The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC has inuagurated its first office in Kwara State.
The office is situate at No 1, Catchment Close, off Forest Road, G.R.A., Ilorin.
The anti-graft body made the announcement today saying the latest development will bolster its nationwide coverage.
The Establishing Act
The Act mandates the EFCC to combat financial and economic crimes.
The Commission is empowered to prevent, investigate, prosecute and penalise economic and financial crimes and is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provisions of other laws and regulations relating to economic and financial crimes, including:
1. Economic and Financial Crimes commision Establishment act (2004)
2. The Money Laundering Act 1995
3. The Money Laundering (Prohibition) act 2004
4. The Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act 1995
5. The Failed Banks (Recovery of Debts) and Financial Malpractices in Banks Act 1994
6. The Banks and other Financial Institutions Act 1991; and
Miscellaneous Offences Act
Similarly, the EFCC is a key agency of government in the coordinated fight against terrorism.