The Nigerian Institute of Advanced Legal Studies announces an invitation to attend the Government Legal Advisers/Law Officers Course (First Stream)
The training will hold from 8th to 10th of July, 2019 at the Aso Hall, Rock View Classic, Wuse 2, Abuja.
About the Course
The first and most important duty of the legal adviser is to among others advise the government of existing international law in respect to particular issue, problem or situation. One question that have been constantly asked by many is “What is actually the work of a legal adviser? What occupational activities consume his working day?” The Course is designed in such a way as to explore major aspects of professional and conceptual relevance.
The aim of the course is to acquaint law officers with issues critical to the role of a legal adviser
- To know how Sustainable development goals are adapted into Legal and Institutional reforms.
- To ensure that law officers are conversant with the public-private sector relationships in Nigeria.
- To discover the regulatory laws of rule making and enforcement at the NIALS Training Course on Government legal advisers/law officers.
- To ensure that law officers/ legal advisers are conversant with the challenges that cast aspersion on the public procurement process.
- To get acquainted with the negotiation techniques in public private partnership at the NIALS Training Course on Government legal advisers/law officers.
- To discover the regulations relating to the financial activities of government at the NIALS Training Course on Government legal advisers/law officers.
TARGET PARTICIPANTS -Private Legal Practitioners (particularly those in commercial law, civil and criminal law practice), Lawyers in Banks, Insurance Companies, Mortgage Institutions, Regulatory Agencies, Company Secretaries, Academics, Labour Unionists, Legal Advisers, Judges of various Courts, Magistrates, State Counsel, Law Officers in Government Agencies, Administrative Officers in Government Ministries and Parastatals, Law Enforcement Officials, Administrative Officers in Private Organisations and Companies, as well as other interested participants.
- The role of the legal adviser/law officer in the 21st century
- Mainstreaming the SDGs into Legal and Institutional reform
- Negotiation techniques public private partnerships
- Administrative Rule Making and Enforcement
- Government and Private Sector Relations
- Writing Effective Policy Memo’s, Reports and Minutes
- Treaty Making and Ancillary Obligations of State Parties
- Public Financing and the Law Mainstreaming the SDGs into Legal and Institutional Reform.
Prof Paul Idornigie SAN, FCIArb, Ag. DG – NIALS
Prof Adedeji Adekunle SAN, Former DG – NIALS
Prof Peter Akper SAN, OFR – NIALS
Prof Mrs Emily Alemika – NIALS
Dr Habila Ardzard – NIALS
Mr Shankyula Tersoo – NIALS
To register for this Course please fill the registration form on the Course page or copy and paste the link to your browser: https://nials.edu.ng/index.php/courses/short-courses2/194-government-legal-advisers-law-officers-course-first-stream
The Course Fee is N120, 000.