The Federation of International Women Lawyers (FIDA) e-newsletter, LA ABOGADA has released its May/July 2020 edition which is dedicated towards building an inclusive world for the overall wellbeing of women and children as well as to celebrate our women health workers and women leaders who have been ‘flattening the curve’ since the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic.
As FIDA International strives to protect the rights of women and children within the framework of law, the organisation has also continued to use its advocacy, research and documentation tools to publish papers that ensure governments, institutions and people worldwide benefit from the information that FIDA members and friends are willing to share from all parts of the world.
In this special edition, the Editor-in-Chief of LA ABOGADA and Chair, FIDA Int’L Editorial Board, Princess Olufunmi Oluyede has collated relevant articles and pictures that reflect FIDA’s global efforts and responses to COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on gender parity.
The articles include;
- ‘The Shadow Pandemic: Domestic Violence in the Aftermath of COVID-19’ – Kate Winslet.
- ‘Global Response to COVID-19 and Its it’s Effects on Women and Children’ – Victoria Olagbegi-Oloba.
- ‘COVID-19: A Scientific Gender Approach’ – Giovanni Chiara.
- ‘Justice in Times of the Corona Pandemic’ – K. Santhakumari.
- ‘Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Women and Children’ – Oluwatomi Ajayi.
- ‘Zoom Weddings: The Need for Legal Reform in the Marriage Act in the Wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Nigeria’ – Favour A. Borokini.
Kindly download all articles and pictorials. Enjoy!!!!!
Download here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ye6i_c47Kv4rLPSVIG6-k6QOa__UcA09/view
Click to download: https://loyalnigerianlawyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/La-Abogbada-3.pdf