The Nigerian Bar Association Young Lawyers’ Forum, NBA-YLF, Nnewi Branch has presented relief items, cash to its members in order to ameliorate the effect of the two month long, now suspended strike of the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria.
A statement from the Publicity Secretary of the NBA-YLF, Nnewi Branch O.F. Okeke, Esq., MICMC, explained that:
“Sequel to the protracted strike action by the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria (JUSUN), the C.E. Okonkwo led executive of the Young Lawyers’ Forum, Nnewi Bar (NBA-YLF NNEWI) today, Friday, 11th June, 2021, distributed palliative to members of the YLF Nnewi to cushion the effect of the protracted strike action.
Mr. Okeke further said “The palliative items distributed included cash amount of four thousand five hundred naira (#4500) each to about forty (40) members, NBA Nnewi Sports kit and bags of rice. These items were donated by some members and friends of the Branch.
According to him “The Donors include:
- Ike Obeta, Esq. – #20,000
- A.O Uzodike, Esq. – #20,000
- Ifeanyi David, Esq. – #50,000
- Anonymous-. #50,000
- Anonymous- #20,000
- Stanley A. Ojiaku, Esq.- #10,000
- C.E. Okonkwo, Esq. – #10,000
- O.J.C. Chikaelo, Esq. – #11,000
- Chimezie Ezechukwu, Esq. – #10,000
- Obinna F. Okeke, Esq. – #10,000.
- Ifeanyi David, Esq. – 4 sets of NBA Nnewi sports kit
- Chimezie Ezechukwu – 5 Bags of Rice
In appreciation, the beneficiaries were very excited about the development and expressed their gratitude to the Young Lawyers’ Forum Chairman, C.E. Okonkwo, Esq. and his entire executive members for their sagacity. The YLF in a special way also appreciates the donors for their show of generosity,” the statement concluded.