The LASU Law Journal is a broad spectrum, peer reviewed journal of law published bi-annually by the Faculty of Law, Lagos State University. The Editorial Board of the Journal welcomes the submission of articles, case notes, statute reviews, and book reviews for consideration for publication in the next issue of the Journal. The closing date for receipt of such submissions is 16th April 2021.
Notes for Contributors
- All submissions should be original pieces. The Editorial Board will not normally consider articles published or accepted for publication elsewhere. Contributors are required to confirm the status of their contribution in this respect.
- The length of articles should be within the range of 7000 – 10000 words; and case notes, statute notes and book reviews in the range of 2000 – 4000 words (this includes footnotes), but the Editorial Board may be prepared to deviate from these ranges in wholly exceptional circumstances.
- Contributions must be in English, typewritten and double spaced, using MS Word and Times New Roman 12 point font size and should be sent by email to the General Editor at the address stated below.
- Footnotes must be in font size 10 and be consecutively numbered by way of automatic numbering.
- In the case of articles, contributors should submit an abstract of not more than 200 words with their contribution.
- All citation of legal materials must be compliant with NALT Uniform Citation Guide.
- The title of every paper should be crisp and engaging, but adequate to capture what the paper is about. Headings and sub-headings within the text should be short and clear, with multi-level sub- headings being kept to a minimum.
- The Editorial Board accepts submissions for publication on the basis that copyright over published work will belong to the Faculty of Law, Lagos State University.
- To secure anonymity and impartiality in the refereeing process, the name(s) of the author(s) must be typed on a separate sheet as a cover note to the submission. The sheet should also indicate the academic/professional qualifications of the contributor, the contributor’s address or institutional affiliation, telephone number and e-mail address.
- All contributions or enquiries should be addressed to:
The General Editor
LASU Law Journal
Faculty of Law
Lagos State University, Ojo,Lagos