Former Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Bwari Branch, Mohammed Tsav congratulates the newly appointed Life Benchers.
“It is as a honour– for their work as champions for justice who have devoted their lives and career to public service and advancing the legal profession.
“I am delighted to see you honored by the Body of Benchers for your many contributions to the world of law – through all of which you have shown immense dedication to helping to ensure civil rights and protecting and expanding the rule of law,” stated Mr. Tsav.
“The Nigerian Body of Benchers, as a professional body concerned with the admission of prospective student into the Nigerian Law School, and regulate the call of graduate of law school to the Nigerian Bar as well as the regulation of the legal profession in Nigeria, your appointments are well deserved considering your commitment upholding the standards of the legal profession. Congratulations!”
Recall that earlier in the week, the Body of Benchers had announced the appointment of some lawyers as Life Benchers. They are:
- Enugu Court of Appeal Judge, Hon Justice Ahmad Belgore
- Chief Miletus Eze as Life Benchers
- Mazi Afam Osigwe, SAN
- Chief Judge of Bauchi State, Hon. Justice Rabi Umar
- Chief Judge of Kano State, Hon Justice Nura S. Umar
- Hon. Attorney General, Enugu State,
- Former Chairman Nigerian Bar Association Section On Business Law (NBA- SBL) George Etomi, Esq.
- Attorney General Katsina State, Ahmed Usman El- Marzuq, Esq.
Honorary Benchers include:
- Awa Uma Kalu, SAN
- Mfon Usoro
- Hon Justice Chinwe Eugenia Iyizoba