The Muslim Lawyers’ Association of Nigeria, MULAN, Federal Capital Territory Abuja Branch has appointed Adama Mohammed, Esq. as the first ever woman, at both national or state levels, to run the Secretariat of the association.
This was contained in the report of the five-man Shura Committee [consultative body] which was constituted on the 9th August, 2020, and inaugurated on the 10th August, 2020 for the purpose of selecting new Exco members
Nominations were received from the members of the Chapter.
The Shura Committee thereafter set out to work by sitting, deliberating and having physical interactive sessions with the nominees.
In all 32 nominations were received
“It is pertinent to remark that all the nominees showed enthusiasm to serve and uplift the state of the MULAN FCT Chapter. The Shura Committee resumed its sitting on Wednesday the 16th September, 2020 and interacted with the remaining nominees, after which it concluded its sitting by selecting, bi mashee’atillaah, the next Exco Members of the Chapter to fill the positions are 10 altogether.” The report said.
The following members were unanimously selected to Steer the affairs of the branch for the next two 2 years:
- Aliyu Usman Imam PhD. – Chairman
- Abdulkareem Mashood, Esq. – Vice Chairman
- Mohammed Adama, Esq. – Secretary
- Hassan Luqman, Esq. – Assistant Secretary
- Umar Mustapha Liman, Esq. – Treasurer
- Danshitta Shittu Saheed, Esq. – Financial Secretary
- Ahmed Lambe, Esq. – Assist. Financial Secretary
- Hameed Ajibola Jimoh, Esq. – PRO 1
- Abdullah Ali Chibuzor, Esq. – PRO 2
- Garba Musa Audu, Esq. – Auditor
“The Shura Committee wishes to thank the Exco and the entire members of the FCT Chapter for the opportunity given to it serve our noble Association in this capacity.” The Committee concluded.