It was an epoch making event on Monday 8th of April, 2019 when the Akure Branch of the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, hosted and signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU, and Bilateral Agreement with the NBA Ikere-Ekiti Branch.
Oludayo Olorunfemi, Chairperson of Ikere-Ekiti branch led her branch’s executive committee on a working visit to Akure, Ondo State.
After a crucial meeting of joint executive committee of both branches, the monumental MoU and Bilateral Agreement was signed.
Highlights of the MOU :
- The Parties recognised that the Bar has a pivotal role to play in the administration of justice and the rule of law.
- The two branches shall collaborate and work together in encouraging quick dispensation and administration of justice.
- That we shall provide pro bono services as part of our corporate social responsibility to victims of gender based violence and the vulnerable in the society.
- That both parties shall collaborate on continuous legal education for our members.
- That as brother branches, we agree to provide supports for each other during law week and other related activities.
- That both parties shall jointly sponsor, endorse or support mutual candidates for leadership position in the Nigerian Bar Association, particularly at the national level.
The meeting culminated in an inspection of the ongoing building project of the NBA Akure Bar Center.
Ola Dan Olawale Esq., Chairman NBA Akure branch hosted his guests to a sumptuous lunch thereafter.