The technical hitches that caused erratic service on the bar practising fee payment portal has been addressed,
National Publicity Secretary of the Nigerian Bar Association, Akorede Habeeb Lawal has said.
“We are pleased to announce that the technical glitches recently experienced on the NBA payment portal for the Bar Practicing Fee (BPF) have now been resolved. The issues were caused by bandwidth constraints and we apologise dearly for the break in service,” Mr. Lawal explained.
“With the issues now resolved, you can seamlessly make your BPF payment before the March 31st deadline. We encourage you to make payments as soon as possible to avoid any inconvenience or delay in processing.”
We value your commitment and dedication towards the NBA and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you encounter any further issues, please do not hesitate to contact our support team:
- Ezekiel David – 07037000903
- Wole Efuwape – 08035479443
- Solomon Magaji – 08035989206
- Adewale Adebayo – 08033803724
- Simon David-West – 08126306930
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.”
Guidelines for bar practising fees payment
Each year, payment for the 2023 Bar Practising Fee for lawyers commences from the January 1, 2023 till March 31, 2023.
The NBA, in a statement on Sunday, said members of the Inner-Bar and Body of Benchers are to pay a one-time fee of N50, 000, whereas practitioners of above 15 years standing shall pay N25, 000.
Along with the customary two free packs of 24 NBA stamp & seal attendant upon payment of BPF as and when due, other benefits akin to the timeous payment of BPF include but are not limited to :-
• An Automatic Insurance policy with Leadway Assurance Scheme.
• National Health insurance scheme (NHIS)benefit privilege
• Requirement for Notary Public Status Application.
• Requirement for the Application for the Senior Advocate of Nigeria Rank (SAN) Application.
• Eligibility to vote at NBA and Branch elections.
• Eligibility to run for NBA and Branch Elections.
• Eligibility for the receipt of the letter of good standing and much more.
According to the statement, the other schedule of Bar Practising fees per year of Call is as follows:
• Legal Practitioners of 10-14 Years post call- N17,500
• Legal Practitioners 5-9 Years post call – N10,000
• Legal Practitioners of 1-4 Years post call- N5,000.
Payment for the BPF can only be made via the NBA Portal, which allows for both individual and group payments.