The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) in partnership with the International Network for Corporate Social Responsibility (IN-CSR) will on the 28th of August 2020, by 11:00 a.m. host a webinar themed: “Consumer Protection Amidst the Pandemic – Business and Human Rights Implications”.
The webinar which will be moderated by Assistant Director Legal of the NHRC, Barr. Pwadumdi John Okoh will include a keynote paper presentation by the Chief Executive of the Federal Competition and Consumers Protection Commission (FCCPC), Mr. Babatunde Irukera.
There will also be a presentation by the Executive Secretary of the Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON), Mr. Ajibola Olude; and the President of the IN-CSR, Mr. Eustace Onuegbu, FIMC, CMC. The Coordinator, Legal Services, Free State Center for Human Rights South Africa and Executive Secretary, IN-CSR, Dr. Rita Ozoemena will give a welcome address at the important event.
The NHRC invites all stakeholders and the entire public to participate in this virtual conference as matters relating to the protection of consumer rights in the face of indiscriminate price-fixing, price gouging and conspiracies will be addressed by the distinguished panelists.
Key issues to be discussed include:
- Human Rights Implications of Consumer Protection Amidst Covid-19.
- Consumer Protection Mechanisms during and after the Pandemic
- Risk Exposures for Businesses, as well and Benefits for complying with Consumer Protection and Human Rights Guidelines.
- Global efforts on the call to focus on the Protection of Consumer Rights
- The Intersection between Consumer Protection, Business and Human Rights
Registration Link: https://bit.ly/3j7CvSD