Adesina Adegbite (AA) was a Special Guest and Discussant at the One Day Bar and Bench Interactive Session/Summit, held at the Moot Court, Faculty of Law, Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State, on Thursday, 10th of March, 2022 with the Theme: “IMPROVING THE BAR/BENCH RELATIONSHIP FOR EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF JUDICIAL REFORMS”
Highlights of AA’s Contributions:
- Emphasized the need to have a practice focused curriculum at the Nigerian Law School, to allow for better training for lawyers while at the law school.
- Called for the need to instill and enforce discipline among the Nigerian legal practitioners, both young and seniors, especially as it relates to conduct of lawyers both within and outside the courtrooms.
- Urged members of the Bench to treat lawyers appearing before them courteously and called on lawyers to accord the Bench with deserved reverence.
- Condemned shabby dressing among lawyers.
- Advocates for immediate referral of lawyers who abused court processes to the LPDC, especially those with the penchant for engaging in forum shopping
- Congratulated the Keffi Branch under the Chairmanship of Ede Moses for putting together a most successful and well attended summit. He also specially appreciated Dr. Hassan Liman SAN (revered bar leader in Keffi and Nasarawa State) who was a guest speaker and doubled as the representative of the Keynote Speaker, HRH Hon. Justice Sidi Bage, JSC (Rtd) for his well articulated and scholarly presentation. He also appreciated Mr. Yusuf Usman Shehu (former Attorney General of Nasarawa State and former Secretary, Council of Legal Education) for his detailed and practical paper. The Panel Session which was chaired by Hon. Justice Aisha Bashir Aliyu – the Honourable Chief Judge of Nasarawa State, represented by Justice Simon Aboki
had in attendance all heads of courts in Nasarawa State, several judges of the Nasarawa State High Court, Magistrates, the Dean Faculty of Law, Nasarawa State University, Prof Ahmed Adedoyin-Raji and several other dignitaries.
- He also specially appreciated Dr. Hassan Liman SAN (a revered bar leader in Keffi and Nasarawa State) who was a guest speaker and doubled as the representative of the Keynote Speaker, HRH Hon. Justice Sidi Bage, JSC (Rtd), for his well articulated and scholarly presentation.
More photos from the event