The International Bar Association (IBA) Maritime and Transport Law Committee Mid-Year Conference is coming up on June 6th to 8th, 2022, in Singapore.
As the shipping world emerges from the pandemic, the increased use of technology in various aspects of shipping is remarkable. New technologies are now being used to decarbonize the 50,000 plus vessels that make up the world’s shipping fleet, and is also being applied to the issuance of shipping and trade documents. Even the manner in which shipping and trade disputes are now conducted have undergone revolutionary changes. This will be the first post-pandemic ‘in person’ shipping conference organised by the Maritime and Transport Law Committee, where we will also catch up on recent developments in shipping from across the globe.
- Hot topics: current themes in maritime transport from around the world;
- Sustainability in shipping;
- Salvage and general average;
- Mediation of maritime disputes;
- Current issues in finance for the shipping industry;
- Warehousing – when transport takes a break;
- Electronic bills of lading – what are they, how do they work and what next?; and
- An SCMA mock arbitration
Register here: http://bit.ly/IBAMaritime6-8Jun