The Nigerian Chamber of Shipping in accordance with its aims and objectives strives to encourage, position and empower members, new entrants and key players in the Maritime/Shipping industry to take full advantage of opportunities created by its capacity-building programme.
The ABC of Shipping training program is designed to introduce the shipping industry and highlight the various investment opportunities that abound in the maritime sector.
- Marine/ Cargo Insurance: Incoterms, H&M Insurance and P&I Club.
- Cabotage: A Review of the Challenges and Prospects.
- Local Content: Increasing Indigenous Capacity & Growth in the Maritime Sector.
- Multi-modal Transport: Logistics Supply Chain.
- Maritime Security: An Overview.
- The Environment: Health & Safety.
- Port/ Terminal Operations & Cargo Management.
- Marine Survey & Operations.
- Customs Agency and Freight Forwarding Practice
The program will;
- Impart basic knowledge and skills to new entrants
- Increase the effectiveness and productivity in existing employees by exposing them to the latest concepts, information and techniques
- Build a second line of competent officers and prepare them in their career progression for higher responsibilities
- Broaden the minds of the senior managers by providing them opportunities for interchange of experiences within and outside, with a view to correcting the narrow outlook that may arise from over specialization.
- Provide a forum to discuss workplace issues.
- Develop new skills required for job optimization.
Duration & Methodology:
Three (3) days Interactive Discussion and classroom lectures with case studies.
- Maritime Lawyers/Maritime Shipping Consultants
- Port/Terminal Operators
- Freight Forwarders/Customs Agents
- Shipping/Logistic Operators
- Cargo Management Services Providers
- Tanker Vessel Operators
- Insurance Brokers
- Dry Dock Owners
- Shipping Companies
- Admin Managers
- Finance /Account Personnel
- Anyone who is interested in acquiring knowledge about the sector
Date: Wednesday October 12 – Friday October 14, 2022.
Venue: Online (Via Zoom)
Time: 10:00am-4:00pm (daily)
Members: N65, 000.00/ Participant, Non-Members: N75,000.00/Participant
Nigerian Chamber of Shipping
Bank: A/C No: 4010795160
Fidelity Bank Plc
Please accept the assurances of our highest regards as we look forward to having batches of your staff enrolled on the training programme.
Download the Nigerian Chamber of Shipping brochure here